Friday, August 5, 2011

Visit with Mel, Atley, and Xin

California was all about seeing old friends. On Sunday, July 17, we went out for dim sum with Mel, her son Atley, and some friends of Mel's.

Atley enjoyed the food...
...as did Aviva.
After dim sum, Atley was ready to go swimming, but there was no pool at the restaurant...so he settled for the fountain outside.

Back at the apartment, my friend Xin-Hua showed off her Baby Whispering skills, as Aviva immediately loved her and kept wanting to go over to her.
Aviva did her best to have a conversation with Atley, but he just wasn't buying it.




I know this *looks* bad, but really, we can explain...The key didn't work. I swear!

Atley wanted "Uncle Peter" to swim with him.

Not sure what's going on here. Diving? Aerobics? Charades?

We discovered that Mel and I had inadvertently, and completely separately, purchased the exact same swimsuit. Maybe *that's* Rachel's wedding coordinator was sure we were sisters...but wait - I was four months pregnant in Brazil, plus we didn't have these suits...

The next day, Atley showed us that big boys can eat noodles.



...and they also have amazingly good aim when throwing toys into public trash cans. Uncle Peter was nice enough to fish it out for him.
It was so, so great to see our old friends, and we look forward to seeing them again soon.

No comments: