Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Aviva gets bored

Sometimes, Aviva just gets bored.



She especially gets bored during meals, so we thought she might find it interesting to feed herself. Yesterday she held and chomped on a piece of (seeded) cucumber.



Once that got too slimy (and after she managed to bite a piece off!) we switched to the safer carrot.



Does she realize she's holding and feeding herself food? Probably...not. It sure seems like she does, as she concentrates very hard when she's doing it. When I gave her the pieces of vegetable yesterday, she stopped fussing, and looked carefully her hands in between chomps on the veggies. On the other hand...she also regularly puts her toes in her mouth and tries to eat the buttons on my sweater.

She also regularly tries to eat tags of all sorts, including price tags and clothing tags. Last week in the car, I had dozed off while sitting in the back next to her. When I woke up, I looked down to find that she had ripped off part of the paper luggage tag and was chewing on it! Sneaky baby!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love her comb-over