Anyway, Peter took charge of assembling the equipment, and it was all going well until he dropped a wrench into the opening at the top of the elliptical machine "wheel." In his defense, he was tightening a very difficult-to-reach bolt, and it's a miracle that he didn't drop the second one that he used to tighten the same bolt...
...until he did! Still, it was a very difficult spot, and I for one definitely would have done the same thing. We were determined to rescue the wrenches. First, Peter studied the problem:
We tried all kinds of things: a piece of string attached to some gummy stuff you use to stick posters to the wall; reaching into the opening with a long stick; and a piece of string tied to a magnet.
Finally, we had to turn the elliptical machine on its front and prop it up with pillows. Then, while I was lying on my back underneath it (like a car mechanic) I tried, of all things, a giant pair of chopsticks (typically used to stir fry food in a wok above a raging flame.) It worked!
Chopsticks 1, Other stuff, 0.
No comments:
Post a Comment