In Chicago we dined with our friends, Corey and Beth at Graham Elliot. The portions were a bit small for my taste, but we loved the white-truffle-Parmesan-popcorn that was served gratis with our drinks, so we ate another basketful when we were still hungry after dessert. I love interesting food, and I love eating at restaurants where the chef has designed the food very, very carefully - from the ingredients to the methods to the presentation - but I just wasn't into this place. Or maybe the (very interesting) cocktails weren't strong enough.
We had heard lots about Millenium Park, so we met our friends Beth (a different one) and Cody there. My favorite thing at the park was a
gigantic metal sculpture that the Chicagoans call The Bean.
At brunch the next morning, we tried to do a girls vs. boys crossword competition, but the two Sunday puzzles we had were just too much. After saying goodbye to our wonderful hosts, Corey and Ashlee, we were on the road again...
1 comment:
Whaaaa. You were in CHicago and didn't even call me??!!! Boo!
Post a Comment