Sunday, September 5, 2010

Zoo Lake

I won't have access to most of our photos until next week (because I left them on the computer in Swaziland). For now, I'll post some of the shots from the last couple of weeks. Most notable is our hike from mid-August and our goodies from Trader Joe's.

We are very lucky that our friends Jessi and Uri are living in Johannesburg for now. Their son, Asher, was born on July 9. Yesterday we had a lovely brunch with them at a restaurant called The Service Station in the neighborhood of Melville, in Johannesburg. I had a great pastrami sandwich but left feeling a bit hungry (maybe not that unusual for me, but still, I could have used a side salad...)

Afterward Peter and Uri played ultimate frisbee, and Jessi and I enjoyed a leisurely walk at Zoo Lake. Here she is with Asher:


There were lots of families, including a very cute duck family. I had to resist the temptation to yell, "Make way for ducklings!

No comments: